My dear colleague, Andrea Dermyer, LCMFT, and myself are so excited to officially announce that we are launching another virtual couples support group! If you and your partner are finding yourselves feeling disconnected from each other and from your community, or if you are looking for some practical concepts and tools to take your relationship to the next level, this group may be just the right fit!
The following outline will give you a general idea of what will be discussed during the 8 weeks:
Week 1: What are our fights REALLY about?
- Get to the bottom of what lies beneath the surface of all the fights about parenting, money, work, etc.
- Reflect on your relationship in light of our three key concepts.
Week 2: What happens in me when my need for connection gets threatened?
- The neurobiology and underlying emotional process related to when emotions run high during a fight.
- Identify your emotions and work through strategies as a couple that will help during fights.
Week 3: How do our strategies to manage the disconnection fit together?
- Find the root of your disconnections and bad cycles you fall into and figure out strategies that work to get into healthier cycles.
- Learn the elements in conversations that often go unsaid during conflict that promote the cycle and perpetuate disconnection.
Week 4: What does it look like to have more bonding conversations?
- Learn the SLOTS process that moves couples from disconnection to bonding conversations.
- Identify the blocks that are keeping you from having more bonding conversations.
Week 5-8: How do we keep our connection strong and thriving?
- Review and discussion between couples will be the primary focus of these sessions as couples try out different concepts and methods and reflect on the process of integrating learning into the relationship.
Additional resources and information will be given as requested by the couples.
On a weeknight as determined by the availability of the group.
Each session will run from 7:00-8:30 p.m.
8 weeks, 1 session per week.
Sessions will be held via Zoom
$75 per week, per couple. Both members of the couple are required to be in attendance.
This is just an outline of the major topics that we will be discussing during the 8 weeks. There will be so much for you and your partner to explore in order to reestablish that connection and keep your relationship strong.
If this sounds like something you and your partner would be interested in, please contact myself at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Andrea at email@example.com to sign up.We hope to see you in the group and please feel free to share this with anyone you believe could benefit!